Thursday, August 14, 2014

Robin Williams: In the Moment, In the Trial

Robin Williams was an important part of my law school experience. In 1978, I was a second year law student, supporting a wife and our eight-month-old son while attending school full time. My schedule was crowded. In the morning I went to classes. When classes were finished, I drove to a law office where I worked every day until 7:00 p.m. I’d return home, eat dinner with my wife and son, then go to the library to study until 11:00 p.m.
Tuesday nights were different. After Tuesday dinner I engaged in a luxury to preserve my sanity: I watched the insanity of Robin Williams on Mork and Mindy.


 
Robin Williams' "in the moment" approach to comedy and life teaches trial lawyers how to avoid being "the same." I relate the story of  how I delivered a opening statement sitting on the floor in front the jury box. You can read the rest of this post at http://wp.me/p4QXUK-2A

No comments:

Post a Comment